Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Buddha's Advice and the use of Prescribed Techniques 




"That which you have tried yourself, which you have experienced, which you have recognized as true, and which will be beneficial to you and to others; believe that, and shape your conduct to it." --Buddha, Kalama Sutta

I have long followed Buddha's advice.  I find that when teachers prescribe a certain path or a certain set of practices, their words do not help me.  Often, I cannot feel any shakti move when I attempt to follow a guided meditation or perform a breathing practice under their administration.  I am a maverick and follow my own inner direction, which changes
notably over time (say from floor yoga to music to dance to slow movement and quick breathing, to name a few practices I have done through the years.)

Indeed when I do my own "practice," following the guidance of my own "inner guru" (the Beloved Within), remarkable things ensue.  Just a few days ago, I remembered that I had a vial of a certain flower essence on my dressing table that I had all but forgotten, and I decided to check how it might affect my morning experience.  I took a few whiffs (Frankincense Amber from Inesscents) and was immediately transported into bliss.  But the effect was not produced from the flower essence alone.  It can from the state of consciousness I was in at that moment.  On another day I might feel nothing at all, and likewise if someone else tried this experience, they might have no such response.  You must find what suits you--indeed, with flower essences (and all else), you should choose what attracts you, not try to follow the lead of someone else.  Your inner reaction will guide you, tell you whether or not this is right for you.

Next day, I started with my familiar current practice (done standing) of moving my hands in circles before my body while gently doing hip rotations.  I felt sweet energies as I circled my hands several inches from my body all the way up to the top of my head.  I moved my hands above the center of my crown and felt the gentle sweetness move over my scalp .  But then I opened my eyes, and to my surprise discovered that my hands were not centered above my crown at all, but rather were several inches off to one side.  Once more I felt that "feeling follows intention," even when, as in this case, my hands were some distance away from the response center.

I am not even sure what produced these exquisite sensations, each an affirmation of the sacred tie to the Beloved.  Perhaps I am stroking my aura, since no touching or extreme movements are involved.  I am not sure what to name this process, other than "entering the Mystery and uniting with the Beloved Within."  I call it "touchless rapture," after the "Touchless Car Wash" that I used to visit in San Francisco.

Because I have such experiences, I am a firm believer in Buddha's admonition to "be a light unto yourself."  Your path is unique and it is your own.  Sometimes set practices or fixed techniques may be helpful, but in the end it is your show, your journey,  and your spirit guide will tell you how to go.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?