Kundalini Splendor

Kundalini Splendor <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

St. Patrick--"The Cry of the Deer"--poem 





The Cry of the Deer
(Faedh Fiada)

At Tara today in this fateful hour
I place all Heaven with its power,
And the sun with its brightness,
And the snow with its whiteness,
And fire with all the strength it hath,
And lightning with its rapid wrath,
And the winds with their swiftness along their path,
And the sea with its deepness,
And the rocks with their steepness,
And the earth with its starkness
All these I place,
By God's almighty help and grace,
Between myself and the powers of darkness.

- St. Patrick
(Version by Madeline L'Engle)

I have always felt a special connection to Ireland, partly because I am of "Scotch-Irish" ancestry and also because I was born on St.Patrick's Day and that fact pointed me in the direction of Ireland early in my life.  This poem has a special appeal since it is about nature, and also because it is set at Tara, one of the great mystical centers of Ireland, a place sacred to the Great Mother before it was taken over by the patriarchy and used as the place where the ancient kings were crowned.  When I visited the site of Tara, I could distinctly feel the sweet earth energies streaming from the ground.  Thus it is a center where Kundalini flows freely from below, and reminds us that Kundalini is the cosmic force that propels the universe itself.  When we are in sync, we can experience these energies as states of ecstatic consciousness.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?